BEAM Connect: Tokyo is a 5 Days Business visitation and immersion program that provides a great opportunity for individuals who wish to gain exposure and understanding of the Japanese market.
The BEAM team will bring a small focus group of individuals to Tokyo (Japan) to meet incredible startups, investors, incubators, co-working spaces, locals, and many other people who can bring value to your current/future business, and provide assistance to overcoming barriers of entering the market (ie: language barriers, culture, etc.). It will be incredibly fun and fruitful, plus you'll build many good connections.
1. Business Exploration
Visit some of the most exciting and innovative places in Tokyo (innovation labs, corporate buildings, working spaces, incubators, investor offices) and get connected with their respective local communities.
At the same time, enjoy an evening filled with the BEAM community together with Cyberagent Ventures, one of Japan's most prominent investment companies.
2. Plug In & Connect with Entrepreneurs
Get connected with Japan's business scene at Slush Tokyo 2018. Meet many other entrepreneurs, investors, corporates, technology companies, and more.
Complimentary passes for Slush are included in the trip.
3. Spend time with Investors & our Partners
Meet and dine with some of the most prominent investors and venture capital companies in Tokyo.
Some of these include Cyberagent Ventures, 500 Startups Japan, Incubate Fund, Digital Garage, and more.
4. Gain Market Exposure
Get exposed and learn about the Japanese economy, market conditions, population mindsets while you're there.
Not only will you gain a deeper understanding of how you can expand your business there, you will be prepared with the support of the connections you've made there.
Create Unforgettable Memories
Enjoy your stay, it's more than just business.
5. Meet & Spend Time with Locals
We will bring you around to network with people outside the startup/business scene as well. Some of these include networking events, picnics, gatherings, and more!
Not only will you meet many people from Tokyo, it will be an incredibly fun-filled and unforgettable experience!
6. Try New Things
Immerse yourself and live in a world of a completely different culture, language, and environment. Live like a local and experience the life they live. Try new kinds of food, drinks, and activities.
7. Explore Tokyo
A trip to Japan isn't complete without a tour of the city. Our team will bring you to some of the most interesting and exciting parts of the city, places where you can bring home some incredible shots of your memories.
Payments & Confirmation
- A representative from the BEAM team will be in touch with you within 2 working days from the date of payment confirmation to request for your travel particulars. We recommend registering early to ease the planning process.
- All prices listed are in Singaporean Dollars (SGD)
- Payments include accommodation. Daily spending budgets, transport, and plane tickets are NOT included. We recommend budgeting approximately $80 - $100/day for food and additional transportation costs
- Complimentary passes to Slush Tokyo 2018 are also included.
- Payments can be made via registering on this page OR via regular bank wire. Please contact us should you prefer doing a bank wire instead.
Flights & Accommodation
- The program will take place between 26th to 30th March 2018. We can assist you in booking your flight tickets.
- All activities will only be held in Tokyo
- Participants will be allocated a twin sharing room at the place of residence, which will be close to Shibuya.
- As you will be traveling during the middle of spring season, Temperatures average between 10-20 Celsius.
- We recommend bringing your business cards.
- More information on entry/visa requirements can be found here:
Activities & Schedule
- All activities are OPTIONAL. You can choose to roam freely or join the team for all the sessions.
- Most of the activities will be held during the late morning to evening.
- Most of the activities will be focused around:
- Attending events
- Networking & meeting people (Entrepreneurs, Investors, working professionals)
- Visiting Investor Offices, Incubators, working spaces.
- Touring & Eating
- Be prepared to walk quite a fair bit!
- Sim cards (Call and data costs) are not covered in this trip.
- We do not guarantee investments or partnerships will be made in your company.
- Choices of meals at the events will be mainly Japanese food.
- Events, networking sessions, and the connections BEAM introduces to you will be conducted in English. However, most locals in Japan will speak mainly Japanese.
- Images are for illustration purposes.
- Terms and conditions may be subject to change at any time.
Terms & Conditions
- You automatically agree to the terms listed upon confirmation & registration.
- BEAM will not be held liable for any damages or injuries incurred throughout the duration of the stay.
- No refunds or transfers are allowed upon confirmation of payment.
- BEAM reserves the right to terminate applications at any time should we deem necessary. Full payments will be refunded in the event this occurs.