A-CERTS Training: WSQ Respond to Fire Incident in Workplace
The 1-day course will provide members of the Company Emergency Response Team (CERT) in the Public and Industrial premises (without or store below the exemption quantity of petroleum and flammable material) with the essential knowledge and application skills to function as a member of an emergency response team. It equips the team to implement the emergency response skills during a minor fire incident at their workplace. This training covers basic firefighting and procedures as a CERT member for workplaces that can be utilised during an emergency.
This is also a WSQ module accreditated by WDA.
Response Team members and Site Incident Controller (SIC) from commercial, industrial and workplaces who are the first responders for incidents in premises classified as Public and industrial buildings without or store below the exemption quantity of petroleum and flammable materials. Persons who want to be recognised as a competent person applying emergency response skills during an emergency incident in workplaces.
- Interpret emergency response legislations and guidelines
- Identify fire hazard scenarios and conduct situation assessment
- Demonstrate usage of fire protection systems in the workplace
- Respond to fire incidents using various extinguishing mediums
- Handover incident and provide operational assistance to the appropriate body
Participants will be awarded a downloadable e-Statement of Attainment by WDA upon passing the assessment
Trainees should be medically fit to attend this training.